Thursday, September 3, 2009

Flower Fairies # 1

Some months ago I posted some Spring Flower Fairies from the garden from this lovely vintage old book I have had for so many years. This week I want to post some Summer Flower Fairies with their lovely little poems.
Autumn is almost here so at the end of this summer a few Summer Fairies of the garden are in place.
 
 
Thank you for your visit and maybe comments.
Have a nice day.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I absolutely love the flower fairies books. They are so beautifully illustrated and are a firm childhood favourite.
Isabelle x

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

How cute. I love lavender.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Riet!
I so love this book, and the pictures with poetry are just awesome. Where on earth did you find the book? Just beautiful honey, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing this beautiful morning. Please stop by and say hi. I so love it when you do. Country hugs sweetie, Sherry

Madelief said...

Hoi Riet,

De tekeningen van Mary Cecily Barker zijn prachtig! Als liefhebber van Engelse boeken staan de flower fairies ook bij mij in de kast! Heerlijk om zo nu en dan door te bladeren en van te genieten!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Catharina Maria said...

Met oneindig veel plezier kijk ook ik dikwijls in mijn boekjes ,alleen ben ik later aan het verzamelen begonnen want jij hebt een echte oude uitgave .

Riet said...

Ohhh Riet,wat zijn die mooi,die zou ik zo heel graag willen hebben.
maar door me ziekte kan ik nergens heen.
Maar zulken oude boeken ohhh dat is zo mooi.

Liefs Riet.

Josephine said...

Hoi Riet,

Wat een prachtig oud exemplaar van de Flower Fairies heb je in bezit, een genot om naar te kijken. En zeker een exemplaar om te koesteren. Heel mooi!!!

Fijne avond,
groetjes Josephine

Heidi said...

I love these books. I received two as a gift in March which were also vintage. I treasure them. This is my first visit to your blog and I look forward to reading back in the older posts.

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

Poppedijne said...

Hello Riet,
Thanks for your visit on my blog. Yep I have the same book although another version of it and you show my favarite fairy namely the Poppy fairy. I like poppy's very much. I even have a cat that is called Poppy!
Come and visit me again.I see you follow some blog party's too !! I love them. They are a great way to get visitors on your blog. Love the outdoor wednesday post. How pretty all that water is!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

How charming! A good post for Pink Saturday! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jillian

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your beautiful book! Just the kind of thing that makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some of the pages!