This is the first time I participate in Skywatch Friday. I am from Holland and this is what we call here a Dutch Sky. I am sure those beautiful skies are everywhere. This photo I took some weeks ago in Volendam . It was almost raining so the sky got darker. The water is the IJsselmeer.
For more skies please visit Skiley at http://skyley.blogspot.com/ Have a nice day Riet
Such a beautiful sky! Your header is just what I love about Holland, that and the people. Your mosaic in your previous post was beautiful and I really love those white doves. I hope your week has been wonderful. Hugs, June
Hallo Riet, wat kan een mens toch weer gelukkig worden van dit soort foto's. Hier is het momenteel een grote grijze wolkendek waaruit het zo nu en dan miezert, net als gister overgens.
Hi Riet, I agree that there are probably beautiful skies everywhere, but Dutch ones are certainly among the most famous in the world! The landscape painters of the Dutch Golden Age saw to it that your country's low horizons and dramatic cloud formations became justifiably renowned.
You're carrying on a wonderful tradition!
I had a Dutch friend here in the US named Riek (short for Hendrika). When I write your name I think of her because of the similar spellings. I also have a good friend here named Miep, who grew up in The Netherlands (and returns often). She's one of the most delightful people I've ever known. She often speaks of the beauty of your country and how much she enjoyed boating in summer and ice skating in winter.
so very ,very lovely.i do so love your beautifl land.You seem like us Texans also,spilled over with pride.And of course for the usa.ha. please,would you give me some advice,Riet?thank you.All is welcome.I sure never knew you were a surviver.Bless you...Anniepoo
The people out on the water don't seem to mind the weather! I like your Dutch Sky; your header photo is really fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving a comment; otherwise, I wouldn't have the pleasure of finding yours.
34 comments:
Enjoyed your photo,your header photo and the mosaics in previous posts. Thanks for the tour
Beautiful sky and you must have the most amazing sunsets. Thank you for your kind comments. x
Hello Riet, Your Dutch sky is beautiful and so is the water. I'm glad that you decided to try Skywatch. Holland must be a very wonderful place.
Oh the sky is beautiful. The water looks wonderful. I love your picture today the post is amazing.
Blessings,
Heidi
beautiful sky! thanks for sharing and welcome to skywatch friday.
Beautiful sky. Very enjoyable post.
Beautiful.
Lovely scenery and beautiful skies. What more could you aks for. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful and shimmering sky. Nice place and shot Riet.
Happy weekend.
Yes, it does look a little stormy. Very beautiful picture of sky and water! I love your header photo too with all the windmills.
Such a beautiful sky! Your header is just what I love about Holland, that and the people. Your mosaic in your previous post was beautiful and I really love those white doves.
I hope your week has been wonderful.
Hugs,
June
One of my dreams is to come to Holland... I've got a lot of Dutch in me!! ;o)
Just blog surfin Sky Watchers! Lovely image!
Very nice sky. I like how the ripples break up the water.
Beautiful photographs. ....just how I imagine Holland to look with all the lovely windmills and waterways!
Very pretty skies at your place, thanks for adding to the fun party of Sky Watch Friday.
marvelous!!!
Darling, thank you for leaving such sweet and kind comments for me. Have a sweet and lovely weekend my darling.
Love & Hugs
Duchess ♥ ♥ ♥
Hallo Riet, wat kan een mens toch weer gelukkig worden van dit soort foto's. Hier is het momenteel een grote grijze wolkendek waaruit het zo nu en dan miezert, net als gister overgens.
Welcome to Sky Watch. You posted a beautiful but ominous Dutch sky. Love it!! MB
Hoi Riet,
Wat een leuk initiatief 'skywatch friday'! Hoe werkt dat precies? Meld je je bij diegene die het organiseert aan? Fijn weekend!
groetjes van Madelief
The light is beautiful in this shot!
thank you for sharing your beautiful Dutch sky with us!
weer een prachtige foto, die laat zien, hoe mooi ons land is
een gezellig weekend, Julianna
simply beautifully captured shot....lovely!
Hi Riet,
I agree that there are probably beautiful skies everywhere, but Dutch ones are certainly among the most famous in the world! The landscape painters of the Dutch Golden Age saw to it that your country's low horizons and dramatic cloud formations became justifiably renowned.
You're carrying on a wonderful tradition!
I had a Dutch friend here in the US named Riek (short for Hendrika). When I write your name I think of her because of the similar spellings. I also have a good friend here named Miep, who grew up in The Netherlands (and returns often). She's one of the most delightful people I've ever known. She often speaks of the beauty of your country and how much she enjoyed boating in summer and ice skating in winter.
I hope to visit one day ...
Bill
welcome to SWF!! I love your heading picture! I just sat and stared at it. hahaha
Dutch skies are beautiful and the water looks inviting.
happy SWF
I love the light on the water and the shadows from the darker clouds moving in.
Thanks for visiting mine.
Super mooie foto Riet, en werkelijk prachtig die luchten, kan daar ook nooit genoeg van krijgen. En zie er ook altijd van alles in.
Fijn weekend,
groetjes Josephine
Hello Riet
It is a lovely photo, the kind that I like. It is very atmospheric!
Have a lovely weekend
Isabelle x
Great to see your Dutch skies and I love those windmills!
so very ,very lovely.i do so love your beautifl land.You seem like us Texans also,spilled over with pride.And of course for the usa.ha.
please,would you give me some advice,Riet?thank you.All is welcome.I sure never knew you were a surviver.Bless you...Anniepoo
The people out on the water don't seem to mind the weather! I like your Dutch Sky; your header photo is really fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving a comment; otherwise, I wouldn't have the pleasure of finding yours.
What a beautiful first Skywatch - I'll look forward to seeing more Dutch skies. And your blog header is unique.
Hallo Holland :) Nice sky down there as well :)
Post a Comment