Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday

Today is Outdoor Wednesday
hosted by lovely Susan from A Southern Daydreamer
Today I am posting some photo's I made not far from our home in a small nature area near the river Oude Maas.

 
This is an old willow lane with new ones on the left and old ones on the right.When there is flood the water sometimes gets so high that the old trees are for a big part under water.The trees are knotted down every four or five years and the remains they still sometimes use for basketweaving.

 
The old ones are sawed down after so many years as you can see the left over logs here. They are used for several different things.
The sheeps on the dike are also enjoying this lovely sunny afternoon.

 
This is just an old wild lane I liked.

Now for more outdoor pictures go to Susan´s blog where there is a list of all the other participants of this weekly event.
Have a nice day.
Riet
Posted by Picasa

33 comments:

Madelief said...

Hoi Riet,

Wat een prachtig wilgenlaantje. Het is vandaag echt weer om naar buiten gaan! Kijken of ik nog ergens wat ruimte kan vinden voor een herfstwandeling. Hele fijne dag!

Lieve groet van Madelief

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

A lovely photograph of the Willow Lane. I love the old ones on one side and the newer ones on the other. Looks a lovely place for a relaxing walk with the sheep and the logs. Have a good day, Jackie.

Fluitenkruid said...

Erg mooie plek, ik probeer ook nog zoveel mogelijk van het groen te genieten voordat de bomen weer kaal zijn.

Regina said...

How wonderful. Great outdoor photos!

This West London Life said...

Such wonderful outdoor shots, gorgeous colours.

Catharina Maria said...

Prachtig, hier een wandeling te maken wat lijkt mij dat fijn !
Groetjes Rini

Hootin Anni said...

It's hard to imagine the amount of water would come your way...and nearly drown the big trees!!


My Wednesday meme photo is now posted. Come on over......

SmilingSally said...

What a peaceful trail that is.

Maggie said...

Beautiful photo's Riet, thanks for sharing.
a bien tot
Maggie

Barbara Jean said...

Thank you for coming by.
Love your outdoor pictures.

blessings
barbara jean

Miranda said...

Zo mooi je foto's. Wat een bos hout toch een mooi plaatje kan opleveren. En de schaapies....mijn lievelingsbeestje!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

What great pics....

Yeah you got the links to work..... you are such a great student. LOL

LV said...

It looks like a nice place to just take a stroll and view the scenery. A great display of nature at its best.

penny said...

Hi Riet, you created some delightful view of the beauty that you enjoy in your wonderful country.
Thanks for sharing, have a great day.
Pam :)

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Gorgeous shots...the peaceful feeling of your photos evoke a very good reaction with me...

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Riet, good morning sweetie. I so love these pictures you have shared today. They are just beautiful. I love the trees - new on the left, old on the right. Isn't that amazing how the growth goes? That is an awesome pic. Now I really love the one of the sheep. They look so happy, and seem to be saying, "We are not changing out mind, we are standing our ground on this one." I so love to see them free like that. No caged or pinned in. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by and say hi. I so love it when you do. Country hugs, Sherry

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

what a lovely lane, it invites you for a walk. Beautiful pics. Thanks for stopping by.8-)
~Myrna

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a treasure of a spot. Country lanes, wherever they may be, are always so welcoming. Thanks for sharing your photos with us. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

What a beatiful lane to walk down. All your photos are so pretty. Happy Outdoor Wednesday

Bonnie said...

What wonderful photos.

Tammy518 said...

Beautiful outdoor shots, and I adore the sheep!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Riet
Very calm and pastoral. A perfect place for a quiet walk.

Josephine said...

Hoi Riet,

Wat heerlijk zo'n prachtig klein natuurgebied vlak bij je woonplaats. Het zijn prachtige foto's de je er van gemaakt heb. En wil ook even zeggen dat je de foto's mooi hebt bewerkt, zo met de rustgevende groene rand er achter en het schaduwrandje, helemaal geweldig. Lief hé die schapen, die kunnen altijd zo lekker genieten van het zonnetje, bij het aanzien krijg je gewoon de neiging om er comfortabel bij te kruipen.

GFijne avond,
lieve groet Josephine

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Riet,

thank you for sharing your beautiful lane with us.
I love the trees and sheep and it must be the perfect quiet place to take a walk.

Hugs
Carolyn

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

What LOVELY outdoor views of this rural scene. Looks like a beautiful spot. Thanks for stopping by Happily Retired Gal earlier ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Riet,

What lovely photos for your OW post! So interesting. Love those sheep! Thanks for sharing and as always thank you for being a friend and droppig by my blog, Bloggeritaville! I so appreciate your visits!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Riet,

What great pictures! The colors are so lush. The old lane is beckoning to me to come take a stroll!

Thank you for sharing!

~ Tracy

Valerie said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog.
I am glad I got to visit yours. What beautiful pictures. I love the light at the end of the tunnel pathway.

Miller Racing Family said...

What great photos. I love the photo of the little road. The trees on the side are so beautiful.
Have a fabulous OW!

JLS Hall (Joysweb) said...

What a lovely pathway! It's so interesting to have all the sunlight on one side and all the shade on the other. I can see why you like the area. And why the sheep like it, too!

Candy said...

Thanks for stopping by my rustic romantic post.
Wonderful weather for a pathway adventure. The first picture is very interesting with the light bubble in the distance. I have to enlarge to see more clearly...just a circle of light drawing one down the path.
Blessings ;-)

Amy said...

Hi Riet,
When I saw your banner I knew that you weren't from the US. How delightful when I see you are from the Netherlands! I love the beautiful photos on your blog. The Netherlands look so incredibly gorgeous. Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. Please stop by again any time! Amy :)