Some weeks ago we went to visit my husbands sister who lives very near to Volendam. When we go there we always of course visit Volendam. It is a lovely little fisherman's village and I think most people in the world have heard about it. It is mostly wellknown for its costumes and wooden shoes.
On the day that we were there , it was in the middle of the summerholidays, it was very crowded and full of tourists as you can see on my pictures.
My first collage is of the oldest part of Volendam where all the tourists go and where most people have their picture taken in that famous costume.
The second collage is of the newer parts of Volendam . You can see that the newer houses are also built in that particular Volendam style. NOt many tourists here.
This picture of my husband and me is taken several years ago when we were there for our best friends 40th wedding anniversary. I cut this out of a large picture with about 50 people on it.As I said before everybody wants a picture of them in this lovely costume.
.
Blue Monday is the other weekly event. This is hosted by Sally from Smiling Sally
at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/
I found this picture of my grandson in his blue shirt playing football. He just hit the ball as you can see.
Now please go visit Mary's and Sally's blogs where you can find lists of all the other participants of these events.
Have a wonderful day.
Riet<

34 comments:
Riet: Beautiful pictures in your mosaic about Volendam, I love Holland. You have a beautifull country.
The photo with the tipical dress with your housband is so pretty :)
Have a nice Monday!!
Morning Riet
I love the mosaics especially the one without the tourists! When we go to places in UK and Europe I try and visit places where the locals live rather than the tourist spots. You and your husband look wonderful in your National dress. Have a good day, Jackie.
I really like your mosaic. I like all the buildings in the village. It is so colorful and interesting. It looks like an fun place to visit.
Oh wat leuke fotos van Volendam.
Ik zelf was er nog nooit !!!
Groetjes, Julianna
Van een mooi dorp , prachtige foto's gemaakt Riet !
En mooie "blokjes" ervan gemaakt .
Lieve groet Rini
Hello Riet! I love your mosaic! I visited Volendam last year and I think it is one of the most charming places here in your beautiful country. We passed by there yesterday and it recalled such nice memories. Our time is short now, only two more days here.
Robin
Riet, I always smile when I see your header with the windmills! :) And Volendam looks so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely country and it's history here at Mosaic Monday. :)
Lovely pictures! Would love to go there someday.
Cindy
You have great scenes in your mosaic. In your part of the world. are some truly great sights. I always enjoy seeing what you will share next.
Lovely pics Riet and I particularly liked seeing you both in your traditional costume. Just like my little Dutch doll of childhood. What an interesting place. x
Riet,
Wat een heerlijk begin van de week heb je weer voor ons! Erg mooi!
Hi Riet,
What a darling little grandson you have! Such beautiful hair! Happy Blue Monday.
Blessings,
Sandi
What great pics. I really love the one of you and your husband. The one of your grandson is great too... love the look on his face.
You have a handsome grandson. I love your banner with all the windmills in it. Happy Blue Monday.
Hi!
Beautiful Mosaic! Have never been to Holland, but it looks like a great place to visit. Have a great day!!
Sherrie
What beautiful pics and of course, the blue's are wonderful too! Especially that little football player :0)
Thanks for sharing!
Hello Riet! Beautiful blues in your mosaics and I like the photo of your grandson, too. I love to watch football!
The collages you assembled for us today are lovely with their shades of blue, but I've fallen in love with your header. It is drop dead gorgeous. That's my highest compliment :-). Thank you for spending the time that must have been necessary to put this together for our enjoyment. I hope you are having a wonderful day.
I LOVE your mosaics and seeing all the beautiful pictures! Volendam looks so lovely.
Your grandson is adorable!! Hope you have a happy Blue Monday!
I have been to Volendam as a tourist many years ago. I have seen a few other parts of Holland as well and you have a lovely country. Thanks for the reminder of a wonderful vacation.
Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday,
Val
You have a handsome grandson. happy blue monday to you
I love your mosaic of Volendam. If I ever get to Holland I would love to go there.My mother has talked about it as she is Dutch.
Thank you for all your nice comments on my blog.
Carolyn
Riet.....thanks for dropping in to my blog.
I took a look at your location and was surprised to see you in the Netherlands.
We were in Amsterdam a few years back and we both LOVED your country.
Love your Dutch mosaics!!!!
Volendam is so beautiful! I love seeing Holland in your mosaics :)
~Susan
Riet, such lovely pictures and what a beautiful place you live. I love your mosaics and your grandson is a handsome boy. Sharon
Hoi Riet,
Wat een heerlijke kijkcollage's heb je gemaakt van het mooie Volendam. Vroeger ben ik er regelmatig geweest en er heerst altijd een heel speciaal sfeertje vind ik.
Ook erg leuk om jou en je man te zien in zo'n mooi Volendams costuum. Zo gaat het meestal daar, bij een bezoek gaat bijna iedereen op deze manier op de foto. Het is best uniek, en natuurlijk ook, [en zeker voor buitenlanders] heel leuk om zoiets bij thuiskomst te laten zien.
Fijne avond,
groetjes Josephine
Beautiful pictures...and that little boy in blue is precious!
Susan
Your mosaics are so pretty. Love all of the colors of the houses lined up in a row. I'm so glad to meet you, since I love anything Dutch! I've never known why I am attracted to all things Dutch, but I love windmills; dutch costumes; all of it! There is such a beauty and charm about Holland. Your blog header photo is beautiful. Your grandson is so cute! laurie
Riet, every time I visit your blog your header just knocks my socks off. It is the most beautiful photo. I think your mosaic is beautiful too. I so want to know how to do that. Love your little grandson in his blue shirt. Kids do love to kick a football. a great shot.
Happy blue Monday.
Hugs...Jeanne
Ik zie nu pas de uitsnede van de foto,ik had op de grote foto al gezocht, en jou er uitgepikt!
Leuk dat ik goed had gegokt !
Love your pictures and mosaics. What a handsome couple!
Carol
Marvelous mosaics of your Vollendam photos and adorable picture of your grandson too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Riet,
I'm from Houston, Texas and I'm afraid I haven't ever heard about your lovely village. I always love looking at your pictures...it's like I'm taking a vacation! It's so beautiful!Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment