Thursday, October 8, 2009

Skywatch Friday

Last week I did show some pictures of a sunrise, this week it is sunset, photo's taken by me on my terrace. It was about 7 pm that day. There was a lot of red in the sky . I thought it was rather special, worth taking some photo's. And as they say: red sky in the evening, nice weather next day. In fact that was right, it was a beautiful day.

 

 

 

For more skywatch photo's go to Skyley's blog where you can find a list of the more than 300 participants of this weekly event.
Posted by Picasa

36 comments:

The French Bear said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures, I do love how you capture nature on your camera!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Very beautiful Riet!

Marie said...

THAT´s what I call awesome :-)

Josephine said...

Hoi Riet,

Geweldig in één woord. Wat een bijzonder opname's heb je gemaakt. Precies ook op het juiste moment, want vaak een paar minuten later toont het weer totaal andere beelden. Maar deze......echt SUPER Riet, bijzonder mooi. Zit weer heerlijk te genieten onder het genot van een lekker kopje koffie, wat wil een mens nog meer.

Fijne avond,
groetjes Josephine

Tara R. said...

These are amazing shots. The colors are wonderful.

Martha Z said...

Nice skies, the lights on the balconies add interest.

Fluitenkruid said...

Mooi hoor, dit seizoen heeft zoveel kleur te bieden, dan nemen we de regen maar op de koop toe.
groetjes Jannet

Abatevintage said...

Oh Riet these pictures are absolutely beautiful.

Blessings,
Heidi

Elisabeth said...

Gorgeous! Awesome! Super!

Maria Berg said...

Somebody have mad a line with a BIG pencil! MB

Dewdrop said...

Gorgeous! I love the contrail streaks all lit up red!

Blondie's Journal said...

So beautiful. I love the red streaks. And there is a beautiful city skyline to view from your terrace...how lucky you are!

xoxo
Jane

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky and pretty colors.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are outta sight.
QMM

Lurline said...

Great pics! Does the saying go something like 'red sky at night, sailors' delight'! Sounds like it is true!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Maria said...

Love all the drama in the clouds hanging over your terrace... with a window to sweet colors~
Happy weekend!
Maria

Regina said...

Hello Riet. How awesome! Marvelous skies.

Have great weekend!

Regina

James said...

This is really nice. I love the shapes and colors in the sky. They are very beautiful.

Ebie said...

Lovely! The first 2 shots look like a dragon spitting fire!

Camilla Elstad said...

Lovely pictures! I loved the picture on top of your blog!
Have a nice weekend!

Gunilla said...

Beautiful skyes.Riet.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for visiting me too

Have a nice weekend

Gunilla in Sweden

TwD said...

Riet,

that's really good! I usually avoid myself to shoot sunsets and evening skies because I think there is the overdose of them. With some exception - like yours.

Reet Petite :)

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

what can I say to u?
simply....marvelous...
your eyes to photography are very sensitive..congrats

havea nice weekend

graceolsson.com/blog

Niina said...

Wow, so much drama! Thank you for sharing! And thanks for visiting me! =) Happy weekend.

Arija said...

Love the black clouds setting off the threads of gold.

Tineke said...

Mooi Riet, en dat allemaal vanaf je eigen terras!

Tammie Lee said...

Amazing cloud show!
Spirithelpers

Irene said...

So many colors and layers!It is a vast, beautiful world and we are a tiny part of it, yet there is so much beauty around us every moment. Thank you for sharing!

Lindy said...

Such beautiful colors in your sunset photos and fantastic view from your terrace! I also like the header shot on your blog.

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your nice comment.
:D

Anonymous said...

I really love scale of the last picture - the clouds are so high, and then the sky is even further beyond - beautiful!

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

Very nice, wonderful contrast of shapes and color.

http://threeriversdailyphoto.blogspot.com/

LV said...

Some of the most spectacular scenes for Sky Watch. You did an excellent job on capturing nature skies at its best. I really enjoyed your post and happy you stopped by my place.

Anonymous said...

I finally got here! Your lovely photos greeted me!

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

What lovely sky views ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Love all of your sky photos, very beautiful homeland you have and a wonderful view from your front door!

Kcalpesh said...

Stunning moments beautifully captured! The pictures really look fresh and full of creativity of both, you and the mother nature! :-)


- Pixellicious Photos