Today's pictures I took last week in a recreation, cycling and walking area not so far from our home. The river is Oude Maas
which is a rather busy river with lots of traffic. It is beautiful to walk and sit there seeing the boats passing by all day.
The traffic light and stop sign that you see on the cyclingpath are for the little childrens train that passes by and makes a turn there going back to its station. On days that children are free it is working most of the day. We used to go there a lot with our grandkids when they were small.
Now for more outdoor pictures, all beautiful, go to Susan's blog. There is a list of all the participants of this great weekly event.
Have a nice day.
Riet

25 comments:
Het rood knalt echt uit het groen vandaan! Fijne dag Riet
Hoi Riet,
Wat is het een mooi wandel- en fietsgebied bij de oude Maas. Ik moet toch echt een keer die kant op gaan....Het gekke is dat wij iedere keer weer automatisch richting Delft, het Westland en Den Haag gaan. Fijne dag!
Lieve groet, Madelief
Beautiful pictures
wonderful photos!
That is so neat... the pics are awesome!
I am loving your photos ! Very nice choo choo too !
Kammy
Such lovely pictures, I always feel like I am right there!!!!
HUgs,
Margaret B
Hello Riet. What a wonderful place. Lovely shots and great outdoor.
Great outdoor shots.
Great pictures of a pretty place. Thanks for sharing.
How nice to travel over here and see your great outdoors!
I loved you colorful post and header picture.
The train was charming. My dad was engineer for the railroad for 38 years. Trains capture a special memory in my heart.
Thanks for sharing your part of this beautiful world! I have lot of ancestors who came from the Netherlands.
~♥
This looks like a well used recreational area. An inviting place to go and get a bit of fresh air and exercise.
Lovely Outdoor Wednesday post.
Joyce M
hallo Riet
mooie foto's weer,Nederland is een mooi rivieren land,zo ook de maas.
groetjes oma nijn
I always love the pictures you share with us, but I have a secret. I think the photo in your banner is perfect and I never get tired of looking at it. I hope you are well and having a wonderful day.
Hi Riet,
Your recreation area looks so peaceful and relaxing. I loved riding on those small trains when I was a little girl. Your pictures remind me of when I was young growing up in Germany. We always went on long walks in the open parks on Sundays. Thanks for bringing back pleasant memories today, on a very wet and gray day.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home
Leuk Riet om nog regelmatig te wandelen in een gebied waar je vaak kwam met je kleinkinderen toen ze nog klein waren. Lijkt me een heerlijk gebied om te wandelen. En boten bekijken is ook een van mijn favorieten, heerlijk aan de kant zitten en kijken wat er allemaal voorbij komt. Je man is wel hip hoor met zijn felrode jack, :))) staat hem prima!!!
groetjes Josephine
We have walking paths like those you show called rails to trails. They take old abandoned railroad beds and turn them into hiking/bike/horseback trails.
Oh, I so enjoy all your outdoor pictures - you're very good at taking them. I looked at some of your older posts and loved the little quilt you had made - delicious colors and pattern. I just get lost looking at your wonderful header photo - what a treat for this Texas girl to see Holland, up close and personal. Feels like I was right there.
Cynthia K.
The quality of your pictures is very clear and wonderful. thank you so much for these.
God bless!
Goedemorgen Riet,
Dank je wel voor het stoomafblazen hahaah.... wat leuk om een spoorbaan op je blog te zetten, wij hebben hier op het eiland geen trein, mis ze niet echt hoor, maar nu ik dat bij jou op de blog zie is het wel een typisch Hollands beeld geworden eigelijk.
Fijne dag en een lieve groet uit Zweden
Your photos are beautiful.
You have a great post. It just looks like fun. I really enjoy your blog.
Post a Comment