Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday

It's Outdoor Wednesday today hosted by Susan from A Southern Daydreamer.

 
My photo for today says fall what it means to me. Bare trees, clouded skies and raincoats. Makes me feel sad. That is not really me because most of the times I am the happiest person in the world but sometimes ones mood can change for a day or so.

For more outdoor photo's please go to Susans blog. There is a list of all the participants of this weekly event.
Have a nice day,
Riet
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Fluitenkruid said...

Hoi Riet,
Mooi he die dreigende luchten, hier is het net wat lichter geworden. Ook wel prettig want ik moet zo op de fiets naar het werk.
Fijne dag, groetjes Jannet

Kat said...

Beautiful picture, it really does capture a mood. But I see a hint of blue sky peaking through, there is always the hope for a sunny day! Thanks for stopping by. Kathy

Amy said...

Where do you live? Furthur down south? I agree with Kathy it surely does capture the mood. Thanks!

Amy said...

Oh...I was visiting your blog after my last comment. I see you live in the Netherlands. Fantastic!!! I'd love join your blog and follow your adventures there. Thanks Riet!

Amy said...

Oh my....I like your blog so much I wanted to follow it again!!! I'll blame menopause!!! Have a good one Riet!

Madelief said...

Hoi Riet,

Ik heb hetzelfde als jou. Gelukkig duurt het bij mij ook nooit lang. Ik denk dat het inderdaad de herfst is! Nog bedankt voor je uitleg over de huisjes. Ze zijn prachtig! Als ik ze ooit op een rommelmarkt tegenkom zal ik aan je denken. Fijne dag,

Lieve groet, Madelief

Carol at Serendipity said...

Riet,
The gray skies make me sad as well. I love color and sunshine.

Carol

xinex said...

Beautiful scenery! So tranquil and relaxing...Christine

June said...

I'm like you Riet,grey skies make me a little blue as well. I love the sunshine and lots of it. Here's hoping that you don't have too many dark skies this Fall.
Hugs,
June

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh, gray skies. I love blue, blue, blue and lots of sunshine, too! I agree with you -- Fall can make me sad. But I will try and think of Christmas to come, and parties and family being home. . . all good things.

Your header with the windmills is just so very lovely -- looking at it is like a gift for me. Thanks!
Cass

Lane said...

It is sad to see summer come to an end. After hour drought and heat this year, I'm looking forward to cooler and wetter weather. I just hope we get it. Enjoy the autumn. Lane

LV said...

Fall can put you in a less happy mood, but just look for the fall beauty nature provides. I love the quiet, restful feeling you get from your lake scene. I am glad you stopped by and left a comment.

Mary Bergfeld said...

That particular photo has a mournful quality to it. I love the change of seasons. Gardens here look very tired - spent really. It's nice to awaken to cool mornings, more vibrant color and the smell of madronne burning in the wood stoves of neighbors. Be of good cheer. Spring will come again.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Even thought the photo is beautiful, it does tend to leave one feeling melancholy. But if you look closely, there is a clear blue peeking out seeking to lighten our melancholy.

Thank you for sharing!

~ Tracy

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Autumn is lovely when all the leaves change colour but not when the sky changes too. lets hope we have a few more bright days before winter sets in :)

Madelief said...

Hoi Riet,

Ik ben mijn nieuwe toestel nog een beetje aan het uitproberen. Sommige foto's op mijn blog zijn gemaakt met mijn oude camera (de brede foto's) andere weer met mijn nieuwe! Het toestel bevalt heel goed. Ik heb er zoveel meer mogelijkheden bij. Fijne avond!

groeten, Madelief

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

When fall first get here I'm happy but after a month I'm ready for spring. Your cottage collect on your previous post are so pretty, that is what my dream house looks like. Thank-you for stopping by I too like to meet new bloggers.
Ginger

Catharina Maria said...

Mooie dreigende lucht heb je gekiekt Riet .
Lieve groet Rini

Josephine said...

Hoi Riet,

Prachtige herfstfoto, zo met de kalende bomen en dreigende luchten. Ja gek is dat hé, al ben je van nature een zeer optimistisch en gelukkig mens toch heb je weleens van die dagen dat je er een triest gevoel krijgt. De energie lijkt dan even een beetje zoek. En de volgende dag, tada....daar zijn we weer.

Heerlijk avond verder,
lieve groet Josephine

Krystal Kats said...

Riet, oh yes I know what you mean about moods, the dismal skies don't help with that. Lucky for me California is sunny a lot! thanks for sharing your photo and I love the windmill topper that's beautiful!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful photo - thanks for sharing.

Lori E said...

It does look cold. That is when I like to cook something that smells wonderful.

Abatevintage said...

Riet thank you so much for visiting me today, and your prayers they really mean a lot. I love your outdoor Wednesday post.

Blessings,
Heidi

greet's foto's said...

lieve Riet.
alwwer zo een prachtige foto, volgens mij woon je dicht bij of om het water,ik ben er ook gek op.water verveeld nooit.

greotjes Greet.

Tineke said...

Riet, het wisselen van de seizoenen is altijd een beetje afscheid nemen vind ik. Een beetje heimweegevoel....

Euronics said...

Hi Riet.. a very nice shot you got here..thanks for sharing the beauty of nature!

Travel the World
Health and Nutrition
Nature's Beauty