Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mosaic Monday

Today is mosaic Monday again, hosted by gracious Mary of The little red House. http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/

I have two mosaics today.  The first one is of a little suburb of the city of Rotterdam.
Rotterdam is a crowded very busy city, second largest in Holland. And just outside the city is a lot of quiet nature. Here you see the river the Rotte  , some houses , some little boats and a few windmills. Just so Holland.
Please click to enlarge.

Onlangs bijgewerkt11

 

 

This one is of a lot of my moviestar pictures all in one mosaic. There are so many I could show them for ages  . So I thought I should get a lot in one mosaic . I am sure there are at least one or two stars that you remember.
please click to enlarge picture. 2009-07 (jul)2 

Now please go visit Mary’s blog where you can find a list of all the participants. There are so many beautiful blogs to see. 

    Enjoy and thank you for your visit.   Riet

23 comments:

greet's foto's said...

hallo Riet,

wat leuk al die filmsterren van vroeger,je hebt er een mooi mozaiek van gemaakt.hoe kom je aan die plaatjes,
oma nijn

Kathy said...

Very nice mosaics. The water, boats and windmills are lovely. Yes, I do recognize more than a couple of the movie stars. Thanks for sharing.

Regina said...

Hello Riet.
Really nice creations.

Anonymous said...

Hi Riet

Thank you for visiting my blog, I have popped over to visit yours now!!

I love the dutch mosaic, I have been to Holland a couple of times. I liked the Van Gogh art gallery and Anne Franks house. Best of all I loved the Dutch pancakes!!!

Regards, Jackie.
http://jackieslifeinsurrey-1.blogspot.com/

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Love your images of Holland! Very beautiful! And what a great idea to create a mosaic of favourite movie stars!

Anonymous said...

Hi Riet - love the photos - take care, Judith

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Great pics Riet!

Cal said...

Lovely scenes Riet. DH and I were just talking about a cycling holiday in Holland and this has put the seal on it! x

Candy said...

Wonderful idea to showcase stars from a more elegant charming time. Holland...I was just sharing an elevator in Grapevine (near Dallas, Texas) with a family on their way home to Holland. She commented it was nice to see the sun. Thanks for your sweet visit ;-)

Christie said...

The Mosaics are so pretty...the windmills are so charming! I wish I could visit Holland. Happy Mosaic Monday!

Linda said...

very nice mosaics, I do recognize a some of those movie stars

Cosas de Liz said...

Hi Riet:

Fantastic your Mosaic, Holland is so beautiful and your photos too!!.

Have a very nice week :)

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

Looks like a wonderful place to visit!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh I recognize many of the movie stars in your charming mosaic. Lovely! And the mosaic of the river, with its boats and windmills is, as you say, very Holland. It is also very beautiful, and I greatly enjoyed enlarging it and enjoying the lovely images.
Many thanks!
Cass

Ebie said...

Hello Riet, I love the first mosaic with the windmills! The second one is a pretty collection of old Hollywood, and just loving it!

sylvia said...

nou riet je hebt je best gedaan...de molen is ook schitterend!! En al die filmsterren...het doet je weer dromen over vroeger..tenminste mij wel...

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Riet,
Your Mosaic on Rotterdam give me the nostalgy of Holland. I visited your country so many times but I am never tired of it (unlike my husband !)
Have a nice week.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Riet! I especially love your mosaic of Rotterdam! You are right...it looks just the way I picture Holland! Love the windmills! Happy week!...Debbie

storyteller said...

Both are nifty mosaics (as is the one with all the pinks in the previous post). I especially enjoyed the Dutch scenes in the first one. Thanks for your visit to Small Reflections yesterday. After being away from the computer all day, I'm doing what I can to catch up today. Hope you have a wonderful week ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Love that header photo...it is breathtaking!!!

Thanks so much for your recent supportive comment...my friends give me much needed courage!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Riet! Loved your mosaics! I would love to come to Holland. We've landed there in a plane, but I don't think that really counts. :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Goede morgen,

Via oma Nijns blog heb ik hierheen gevonden.

Wat een prachtige fotos.
Is die grote Foto van de Kinderdijk??

Groetjes, Julianna (een Nederlandse, die al 30 jaar in Oostenrijk woont)

Mary said...

Oh how lovely it is near the river! And I am amazed at the extent of your movie star collection -- wow! And yes, I do recognize quite a few. :) Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful images at Mosaic Monday. :)