It is mosaic Monday again hosted by the lovely Mary from the Little Red House http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/
Thank you Mary for doing this.
Thank you Mary for doing this.
Today I would love to go on showing my moviestar pictures.
I still have so many and I love to put them on my blog.
Probably everybody knows these stars of some time ago.
We might also have our favorites.
I still have so many and I love to put them on my blog.
Probably everybody knows these stars of some time ago.
We might also have our favorites.
All pictures I have are from my favorites, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the pictures of course. They were expensive for a little girl with only a little bit of pocketmoney.
The second set of photo's are of couples who starred in well known movies.
Of course my favorite Doris Day is on more than one.
So also Howard Keel . He was a wonderful singer .
On the old photo's I have written on the back in which film they starred. It is so nice to remember.
Now please go to Mary's blog where there is a list of all the other participants.
Have a nice mosaic Monday everybody.


17 comments:
Wonderful to see more of these pics.
Have a good week.
Cal x
Lovely.
Great pics of stars of the past.
Some of them are very hard to replace.
Happy Monday :)
Ah, a blast from the past - wonderful pictures!
Don't you wish we could go back to the days where people had class, and dressed well every day, rather than this "reality tv" garbage we have now?
Very cool. My mother in law grew up on Hollywood, so as a young girl it was popular to write to the stars and get their autographs. You've made me think... where did those pictures go. I'm going to have to look around for them!
Happy Monday, hope you enjoy your week!
And movie stars, too?!?!?!? Wow, I wouldn't have thought of that. I'm going to have to "re-think" things when it comes to mosaics, chickee......
xoxo,
Connie
Very interesting mosaic's!
Carolyn
I love it when you post these! That picture of June Allyson and Jimmy Stewart from The Stratton Story - what a sad movie! I love Esther Williams movies! These stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood will never be replaced.
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts
How fun, Riet! I love Leslie Caron and, of course, Jimmy Stewart! How sweet that you have saved these photos and they still mean so much to you! Thanks for sharing!...Debbie
Hi Riet, a very lovely collection...
What lovely pictures. I have some autographed photos from years ago. That's a good idea to make a mosaic.
the old movies will always be my favs...thanks for sharing these great mosaics
Oh, a walk down memory lane. Wonderful mosaic!
Karen
Hi Riet! Oh, I love seeing these olden stars! I also loved the movies than starred in. They really don't make 'em like they used to!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
I love your post! Now that was when a star was a star! Excellent mosaic!
Wasn't Howard Keel on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? I sure love that movie and the music. I watch it so much when I was little. I Recognise Danny Kaye, Mario Lanza? and James Stewart. My dad loves movies and I watched with him when I younger all the musicals especially. Oh and maybe a John Wayne here and there =)
Lovely post. Brought back a lot of memories. Thanks for sharing.
Sonia
Post a Comment