Today is pink Saturday hosted as always by Beverly from How Sweet the Sound at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Happy pink Saturday.
Today I start my pink contribution with a picture of the old kitchen (corridor) in the visitors mill in Kinderdijk. I will show some of the inside of the mill.
The actual cooking they did in the livingroom on the stove. No , no electric stoves then.
It does show a little bit of how people did live in those times. Can you imagine , a lot of children in most families and all living together in a small house. They had bed cupboards in the livingroom and upstairs as you can see on my pictures. There was hardly any money so there only was what was really necessary.
This mill is left in its original state and open to visitors. The mill was working to the full . Very, very special.
The pictures of the children. They are our grandchildren who came with us when we went there for the second time.
I posted some more pictures of the mills in my last two posts if you are interested.
If you want more pink today go visit Beverly's blog where there is a list of all the participants of this beautiful pink Saturday.
Have a nice day and thank you for your visit.
Riet


30 comments:
Riet, I just LOVE the picture at the top of your blog! It is fantastic! Happy Pink Saturday!
Linda
You have made me come over all goosebumps and hurled me back to my visit FIFTEEN years ago!
what a wonderful day out Riet and always enjoyable when its with family. I love visiting such places and seeing how people lived and wonder what people will say about us in 100's of yrs to come? lol - Happy Pink Saturday, Judith
I wonder if that sewing machine came AFTER the treadle?
Beautiful windmill pics - love the history you shared. Your grandchildren are lovely - bet they had fun in the clogs!
Yes, people used to make do with so little - now we are are overwhelmed with possessions and life is far too complicated!
Happy day.
Mary - ACROSS THE POND
Great photos, Hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday
Hi Riet. Such a beautiful vintage.
Another great pink post.
A nice weekend!
Thank-you, Riet for the pictures of Kinderdijk. It has been wonderful. I like the sewing machine.
What great pictures. Thatnk you for sharing.
I love the story and pictures of the windmill. And your new banner photo is gorgeous, Riet! Happy Pink Saturday!
Hi Riet
Your pictures are great...I love to look at the olden pictures...and family.
I hope you are having nice weather over there...summer has finally arrived here.
Your top header picture is wonderful. Did you take it?
have a great weekend.
Judi
Leuke header en wat een heerlijke hollandse plaatjes!
groetjes Jannet
Riet... what a lovely tour - thank you for the pictures!
Riet, what a nice post. I remember my Grandmothers sewing on those wonderful old machines... if I could sew, I'd look for one.
Thanks for stopping by!
Pleasant weekend,
Julia @ Drawn to the Sea
Beautiful pictures, Riet. And thank you for the history lesson. I always love visiting!
xoxo
Jane
You sure have some wonderful windmill photos Riet! Hard to believe they are from the 1740's!!! What a beautiful area. I'm just glad I don't have to cook in a kitchen like that ; )
Hello Rite; Happy Pink Saturday;
Love the photos of the mill, and how home,, in the back ground the wind mills are so pretty.. Love the one of your grand kids with wooden shoes one... thank you for sharing Have a great weekend.
Hugs;
Alaura
What a nice way to share time with the family as well as seeing great sights. Was so nice to see a small of the world where you live. I always enjoy your comments on my post.
Wonderful photos! I love old sewing machines- that is a beauty! I like to imagine all the pretty little dresses and quilts made on those pretty machines!
blessings
mary
happy pink saturday! after finding your blog also decided to do it!Thnaks for visiting me i'll also visit you.
Take care,
Rosa
Oh Riet!! I am adding Kinderdijk to my list of places I want to go one day! I have never seen anything more charming! And your header photo...gorgeous! I love it! Thanks for taking us on the tour! Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie
I hate to be a broken record, but it's cold and gloomy here today and it rained all day yesterday! Hoping that I can get outside a bit to check out my gardens☺ Pink Saturday is bringing a little much needed and very welcome color into my home today. Thanks so much for participating. It's always so nice to visit your blog and see what's going on.
Hope your weekend is filled with sunshine and everyone you l♥ve. I'm hoping mine will be dry☺
Oh, I love the vintage sewing machine - I have never saw one with a crank hand. Thank you for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday.
What nice vintage things, loved them. Happy Pink Saturday
Those pictures are wonderful! What a great post. Happy Pink Saturday.
Hallo Riet,
wat een leuke fotos.
Zo een naaimaschine had mijn oma ook.Maar dat is al heellanggeleden.
Groetjes, julianna
Hoi Riet,
Wat een leuke foto's. Wat staan je kleinkinderen er mooi op!
Lieve groet, Madelief
Very special pictures! Happy Pink Saturday.
I am in love with the old photo and those great wooden shoes!!! I love them!!
K
Post a Comment