Sunday, June 21, 2009

Starting the holidays

These are pictures of the bed and breakfasts in France that we stayed in during the first two nights of our holidays. The first was an old watermill in Langres. The landlady made it a beautiful place.
The second night we stayed in an old stagecoach post near Nimes that was about 400 years old. This lady who was an artist, was restoring it all by herself. A hell of a job I can tell you, and it was so cold. No central heating in those times.:)) The scenery was beautiful. The post was on a mountain that was about 300 meters high and the view on the other mountains was awsome.
The third day we went to Spain and I will tell about that next time.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Gorgeous. I am so wishing that I could some day personally see some of the sites like these.

Piece by Piece said...

Those buildings are gorgeous, if they could only speak, what stories they could tell.
I have seen some in Northern France, they we really nice too. Patricia

greet's foto's said...

mooie foto is dat,doet me terugverlangen naar onze vakanties.
geniet maar heerlijk hoor .

OMA NIJN

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Such beautiful photos, Riet! It looks like a really interesting place to stay! I am enjoying going on your trip with you in pictures!...Debbie