Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pink Valentine's Saturday




Happy Valentine's day.

These pink roses my sweety gave me . Aren't they lovely.

In our country we don't do Valentine's day. At least not older people like us Business wants to make it in fashion and some younger people do respond to it but it is not common.

For pink Saturday I want to show you these three hearts I stitched during the years. Thought that would go nicely on Valentine's day. I must have stitched a lot more but these are on display most of the times.

This pink Saturday is so much fun. I am looking more and more for pink stuff. We had four sons so there was not much room for pink in the house but since they are all grownup and out of the house there is more room for my pink ideas. Go look for more pink ideas at Beverly's blog . She is the one who started it and every week more people join us all.
Have a great week .


46 comments:

Judith said...

Hi Riet - your flowers and the beautiful hearts that you have stitched are beautiful. Valentines Day is a 'BIG' thing here and everything doubles or trebles in price!!! like every event it is very commerical. take care, Judith

Anonymous said...

Hi Riet,
Thank you for stopping at my blog and thank you for your kind comments.
You seem to be yourself a very talented embroiderer. I have not this skill.
I like very much your country. I visited it many times. Have a nice Pink saturday !

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY RIET
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG
I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU BETTER
I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED DUTCH THINGS...I KEEP A PAIR OF DUTCH SHOES HANGING IN MY KITCHEN AND I HAVE SOME VINTAGE PICTURES OF BEAUTIFUL DUTCH GIRLS THAT HANG IN MY BATHROOM
I LOVE THE WINDMILLS AND OH THE TULIPS...
DO THE TULIPS GROW AS BEAUTIFULLY IN THE NETHERLANDS
BLESSINGS
debbie

Lori Lynn said...

Pretty flowers!! Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day too!!

Jennifer said...

I loved the Hearts and Flowers! There really is no better 2 things to go with Pink Saturday! Happy Valentines Day!

Jennifer

Thru Pink Curtains said...

hello, lovely hearts and a lovely talent too. so nice to have the time to do those things and the eyes to see!! i wish i had time too. But happy valentines day and the est weekend ever..

Betty said...

I know what you mean about pink. We have three sons, so pink wasn't a prominent color in our house either. Those stitched hearts are lovely. Enjoy your beautiful pink roses!

Anonymous said...

Hi Riet, I didn't realize that you are in the Netherlands. I visited Amsterdam to see the tulips one spring a few years ago, but was too late. They had been harvested by the time I got there. HAPPY PINK DAY.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day Riet!

Susan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Riet,
Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Pink day! Those roses are perfect and your hearts are sweet. Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Roses..., always beautiful, aren't they. In Switzerland where I come from, no such thing as Valentine celebrations either, at least not that I remember..., my husband and I just take this as a day for special food + drinks(!). Happy V.

Dawn said...

Pretty. Happy PS!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Riet. Actually, I believe more people here are not doing anything for Valentine's anymore either. I believe the economy has had an impact. We are not going out, but I am having a special dinner for us. Your roses are so pretty, and I always love everything you make. Your hearts are wonderful.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Because of the economy, we're not doing much for Valentine's Day, but I did make some American style pancakes!

I love the hearts...I have quite a few designs for hearts in my collection...I just love them!

Koleen said...

Hello Riet! Happy Valentine's Day! I love your hearts, and your flowers are so pretty.

Jenny said...

Such pretty roses!! I got red tulips for Valentines Day!! HPS!! jenny

Vintage To Chic said...

Hi Riet, So please to meet you. enjoyed your blog. love hearing from the other countries.
Hugs,
Judy

Anonymous said...

I knew it,i knew it,I just knew when I saw these lovely,lovely hearts that YOU had made them. The
are so lovely.I'm so glad you're showing off your beautiful wares.Thank you..Ann

Char said...

I collect hearts and yours are beautiful. They look like they are crossed-stitched. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentines Days, Char

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Riet; Your pink flowers are very pretty. How sweet of your hubby to get them for you. You did an amazing job on the hearts, they are look small and the detail is just so beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday, and Happy Valentine's Day... thanks for stopping by, and the kind comment, please stop by again, I would love it.

Hugs;
Alaura

ps I will be by again..

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Pink Saturday.....Lovely heart stitch work....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Deanna said...

Hi Riet,
I love the flowers. The stitched hearts are really pretty too.

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day!
Deanna :D

Glennis said...

Its so sweet he gave you roses, even though Valentines is not a common holiday where you are. What a darling.

Have a lovely Pink Saturday.

Miss Rhea said...

Your hearts are SO pretty !! You are very talented !! How sweet of your husband to give you such lovely roses :) Happy Valentines day and Happy Pink Saturday !! :)

Chloe Patricia said...

Hello Riet, your pale pink roses are beautiful, regardless it's St Valentine's Day or not. Happy pink weekend. Chloe Patricia

a Pocket Angel said...

Riet, Oh what beautiful pink roses from your sweetie!
Blessings ~Mary~ :-}

Sugarplum Cottage said...

The roses are beautiful. Hugs, Rosemarie

♥Mimi♥ said...

Happy Pink Saturday, oh, and ♥Valentine's Day♥ too!! What a beautiful pink day today. Thanks so much!

PS: A little late. Spent the day and evening yesterday with my little grandsons. Nothing like three, handsome men for distraction!

Beth at Aunties said...

Riet, Thank You for your kind comments.
Your pink roses from your sweet husband are gorgeous! I loved seeing all your wonderful talents and the hearts are pretty.:)

Prim Rose Hill ©2008-2020 said...

Hi Riet! I am catching up on every today. :) I think your hearts and flowers are perfect for Valentine's Day...and pink Saturday! I love reading your blog.
Hugs,
Sheri

Loretta said...

Riet, your stitched hearts are so very beautiful! And the roses are just perfect. Happy Valentine's Day! I'm feeling a tiny bit better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Riet and it is so very nice to meet you! What beautiful flowers you've received and I hope you did have a nice Valentine's Day!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

My weakness it Pink roses, and yours are gorgeous Riet. Thank you for dropping by. Have a Great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi pretty lady.I found this blog and I thought you might like it too.
http://villaextra.blogspot.com/2009/02/hollands-glorie-dutch-glory.html
see ya...Ann

cottage farm villa said...

Hi Riet, I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and adding yourself to my following. I hope you enjoy your visits. I read your "about me" and your new found passion to blog. It is so much fun to meet new people, even if it is in cyberland. Glad to meet you. Have fun with your Pink Saturdays!

~Cheryl

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Riet, I love hearts...these are adorable! You have a wonderful sweetie to give you such lovely roses! Happy Valentine's Day a little late. :-) Susan

sylvia said...

hoi Riet...dat schept een band, we houden van dezelfde dingen..ik heb me ook wezenloos geborduurd en gequilt en me nu op het bloggen gestort...ik denk dat ik ook ga meedoen aan pink saturday...is het echt zo leuk? groetjes uit Oud-Beijerland

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Riet.Yes,I love your country and the precious way you speak.I so hope you and she can enjoy each other.What a small world we live in,huh?...Ann

Gone said...

What gorgeous flowers!!!

I'm glad you enjoy our Home tours!!

;-)

CC said...

Your roses and those hearts you stitched are just beautiful. Happy belated Pink Saturday..have a lovely week.

Linda said...

Hi Riet,
Thanks for visiting my blog and I enjoyed looking at your pretty pink things for Pink Saturday too! My girlfriend was in your country a couple of summers ago and I very much enjoyed looking at her photos of her trip! You live in a very beautiful part of the world!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Riet and thanks for popping in to see me today!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Shirl said...

Hello Happy Pink Saturday, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. You post is adorable, love your needlework!
Bless you, Shirl
SHirls Rose Cottage

Unknown said...

Hi Riet and welcome to TwirlandTaste. I enjoyed your site very much and these pale pink roses are stunning. You are very talented and I would be interested to know a couple of your favorite recipes from that are traditional in the Netherlands. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Riet, Those flowers are beautiful! Blessings, Nancy

Pat said...

Riet, The pink hearts made by you are just beautiful!!! You know I love the heart motif and yours are so wonderful. Also, I really do appreciate you kind comments on my blog and best wishes concerning my recent illness. I'm on the mend and hope to post again later today. I always look forward to hearing from you and hope you are well. THANK YOU!! Pat