
Pink Saturday, the day I am looking forward to every week. Thanks to Beverly at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ we all have so much fun.
Today I want to show my Spanish ceramic basket. You all know by now that I love roses. I hate to throw them out when they are old so I dry them . Very easy to do and they look great in whatever sort of pot or basket. I used to have vases and baskets full with them till I threw them all out some time ago because they got so dusty. But I started drying them again a few weeks ago and here my basket is already full . As you can see my roses had all different colours pink. When they get dry they get that beautiful old colour.
Have a great pink Saturday all.
43 comments:
Exquisite.
I also dry the roses of my garden so in winter it is a beat of summer in the house. :o)
Oups ! ...it is a bit of summer in the house...
The basket and roses are perfection together!
Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm glad to have found yours. Happy Pink Saturday! ♥
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BASKET, LOVE IT.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT
BLESSINGS
debbie
The basket of roses is very sweet. Love that you keep them for displaying.
Happy PS
Kris
Happy pink Sat. Roet, love your basket, I've kept & dried special roses too, thanks for visiting me!
Helen
I love drying my roses too! I have roses my father gave me and i have the roses that my son gave me! I really like the basket it is beautiful!
Have a great Pink filled Day!
Jennifer
Morning Riet.Well you and I ,our minds are running together.ha.I used to dry them out too.My hubby brings home flowers every week.Like you,i got tired of it.they got dusty.Well,I just started hanging them upside down,still attached to the stem,this time.Great minds think a like,huh?...Ann
Hi Riet! Oh, how beautiful! I love your basket and the drying of the roses is a great idea. I just threw some out!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
I love the basket and roses. I dry my rose petals and whole roses, too. They look so pretty in crystal bowls or little baskets like yours....So pretty..thanks for sharing.
What a great idea to dry the rose petals. Love the basket, very colorful. Thanks for stopping by and have a great "Pink Saturday"
Hugs :)
Irma
I adore roses too.......I've been itching to buy some new ones for my garden but ...alas I have to wait ...our ground is still frozen .
Your basket reminds me of the rose potpourri I used to make with my grandma.Just lovely !
Cheers,
Bre
Chantilly Grace
Riet,
The basket is just beautiful & is perfect for your dried petals. I like to dry flowers also. Sometimes I add a drop of scented oil to them & if you want to glam it up, sprinkle a little silver glitter over for sparkle!
Have a great weekend! :-)
I love dried roses, too - they're just beautiful...and they look lovely in your ceramic basket!
http://www.manmadequilts.com
I just l♥ve Pink Saturday. Not only is it my favorite color, I get to see all of the beautiful blogs created by some of the most artistic people on the web. Thanks so much!
beautiful basket reit. I love dryed roses too. Very pretty, Happy Pink Saturday.
Beautiful roses and basket~
Happy Pink Day!
~Ann :)
What a pretty basket! And so many roses for this time of year. Just lovely.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts
A beautiful basket indeed Riet.
If I may suggest something that others girls have done with the "choose an identity"
You can change is to also allow URL in your comment section. It's just a setting. That way us girls that do not use google can still leave a comment and you will know where to come and see us. Just a suggestion.
It helps us out.
Happy PS
Love Claudie
xo
First time visiting your lovely blog...
I loved seing your wonderful cross-stitches!
Debbie Moss
(England)
That is a pretty little basket. I have a similar one but it is from Portugal.
Do you have a secret to drying your roses?
♥Have a wonderful Pink weekend♥
Beautiful basket! Love the roses!
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!!!
Angela
What a great ceramic basket. I also love the idea of drying the roses in it. Looks so easy! I bet you could make lots of sachets!
Have a great Pink Saturday!
The basket of roses is very cute. Happy Pink Saturday!
Marina
Beautiful dish with beautiful dried roses, my fave! Happy PS!
What a beautiful piece!! and congrats on all the great awards!!
Love roses...love you gorgeous basket!
Gorgeous basket and such lovely roses too! Happy Pink Saturday!
Your basket is lovely. Happy Pink Saturday.
Karen
Riet, your basket is gorgeous. I love the Spanish style of painted porcelain. I too dry my roses and yours look lovely in your basket. Lovly pink today.
Hugs...Jeanne
the basket and roses are beautiful
thanks for stopping by my place...happy pink saturday
Happy Pink Saturday Riet
Lovely basket ...and congrats on the award!
Susan
Your dried roses look so nice. Happy Pink Day!
What a pretty basket. I save petals also. At least for a while. Have a great Sunday.
Jennifer
I love them! The are a glimmer of sweet memories.
Happy Pink Saturday, Riet.
Reit,
Hello, I'm new to the Pink group and starting Saturday will be "showing" my pink. I just wanted to stop by for a quick peek and to say "hello"
Kris
I love the pretty basket. How do you save the roses? Do you just cut them and put them in the basket? Or do you hang them first? It looks wonderful!
Happy (belated) Pink Saturday!
Stephanie
♥Happy Belated Pink Saturday♥
Happy belated pink Saturday.
Kathy
Hello Riet,
Thanks again for stopping by for a visit. I have never heard a name like Reit before do you know what it stands for?
Yes, most everyone who visits my blog say they can really tell I love France. How wonderful that you are going in April I wish I were able to go again. It has been several years since I visited and it was for such a short time, I didn't really get to see much of the countryside only Paris- Latin Quarter. I would imagine that my heart would be with the countryside.
People always thought I was of Dutch or Swedish decent. My great-great-grandparents came from Berlin, Germany and my Great-Grandmother on my father's side came from Switzerland. Perhaps that is why I love Europe so very much. I hope you will feel free to stop by anytime and I will do the same.
Thank you,
Kris
Riet, I love your basket of roses! I have always dried my roses too...I love how the color changes!
What a lovely basket! Have a nice week!
What a charming pink basket! (I’m still stopping in on my Pink Saturday list.)
Post a Comment