Today I like to show you two of my favorite flower fairies, the Narcissus fairy and the Tulip fairy. These two flowers are my favorites in spring. The fairies come from my vintage little booklet Flower Fairies of the Garden by Cicely Mary Barker. Pictures and poems are from her. Maybe the picture needs enlarging to read the beautiful poem.
I mentioned my fairy book a few posts ago.
Tulips come in many different colours but the I think I like the pink best. This fairy looks a little Dutch with that hat don’t you think?
I love the narcissus or daffodil for its happy colours and smell. I buy them every week, just like tulips, for as long as they are in season.
This will be my last pink post for more than two months because next week we are leaving for France and Spain where we will be camping. I hope I will be able to read and see some pink Saturday posts and give my comments. In my banner you can see a little of what we will be doing there. These are pictures of earlier holidays.
Now for more pink posts go over to sweet Beverly at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ where you can see a list of all the other participants.
60 comments:
Ja inderdaad, echt Hollands die tulpen en die fairy erbij.
HEEEEEEEEEL fijne vbakantie, joh lekker 2 maanden.
Veel plezier en groetjes van Marian
Love the fairies. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Linda
Riet
Thank you for sharing your fairies...lovely books... my granddaughter would love those books she loves fairies.
You are so lucky to be going on a long trip like that. Enjoy and take lots of pictures.
have a lovely trip and day..
Judi
Oh, my. They are so adorable! Have a safe trip and Happy Pink Saturday!
Have a safe and happy trip, Riet! The fairies are so sweet!
Linda
once again I love your fairies. Oh dear Riet what am I going to do without you for two months!! :) but have a wonderful time. lots of love Judith
Happy Pink Saturday, Riet! I love those pink fairies! Enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Sandi
Hi Riet! I love these illustrations! What a gorgeous old book! Your new header is so pretty! Have a great weekend...Debbie
Het is een leuke post Riet !
En wat zijn er veel dingen waar pink in zit , heerlijk !
Rini
OH nou vergeet ik je nog een fijne vakantie te wensen !
Veel plezier en gezond weerom !
Wij gaan begin Mei voor ca 2 maanden naar Noorwegen !
Lieve groet Rini
You changed your header.It looks awesome.You have to go see these little vintage dutch kissing doll salt and pepper shakers.They're so cute.
http://www.tparty.typepad.com/
...ann
What a pretty pink vintage book!
Have a great Pink Saturday!
~Liz
Have a blast.i will miss you,Ann
cute fairies and always surrounded by flowers.. fairies & flowers are like music & lyrics.. just wonderful!
have a safe trip camping.. hope you have fun! Happy PS
Hi!!
Love the fairies.
Happy pink saturday!!
Hugs
Lovely. Tulips are one of my favorites too. Happy Pink Saturday.
Thanks so much for the great post today. I just ♥ traveling from blog to blog...the photos, the crafts, the ideas...too fun!
Yours was especially fun this week. Thank you!
See you next week!
Happy Pink Saturday. Your blog is just lovely, as are the flower fairies! It's so nice to meet you online!
Abby
Love the fairies!
Have a great Pink Saturday!
Oh you lucky lady. Hope you can find a way to post from Europe. Lots of pink there. :) HpS
I loved your fairies---and I will MISS you!! I hope you have a ball on your trip--take LOTS of pictures of PINK things to share with us when you return!!
Happy Pink Sat!!! Dana
Beautiful poems and lovely pictures! I had a friend that lived in the Netherlands and worked at the Hague, she now moved to Japan! She's our world traveler friend! I went with girlfriends last April to visit her and loved the Netherlands, we traveled to Delft and to Kuekenhof Gardens, Brussels, and Paris, it was FABULOUS! LOVE< LOVE Kuekenhof!!! Have a great weekend! Suzie
I clicked on the picture and read the charming poem. Thank you for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday.
I lived in Holland for a summer! It is so beautiful. Happy pink today. Please visit my pink post at thevintagejournal.blogspot.cm
The fairies are just darling....have fun on your trip!
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D
♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ HAPPY PINK SATURDAY ♥
I love the fairies, Riet! Have a wonderful time camping! Will miss you! Happy Pink Saturday!
Oooohh!! I so love Cicely's fairies!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy PS!
Monica.
I love all these beautiful flower pix. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Sounds fabulous.
Happy Pink Saturday.
Charlotte
I love flower fairies ! So pretty. Happy Pink Saturday.
~Sue~
Hi Reit!
Thank you so much for visiting my very first Pink Saturday. I'm new to this whole Blogging World and it's my new passion too!
I love your pink fairies....very sweet.
Blessings,
Spencer
Love the precious little fairies!!! I'm currently wanting a little pink fairy door!!! Happy Pink Saturday!!!
♥ Teresa
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY RIET,
I LOVE...LOVE YOUR FAIRY BOOK AND I LOVE PINK TULIPS THE BEST, ALSO.
I WISH I WAS GOING TO FRANCE WITH YOU...IT IS MY HEARTS DESIRE TO GO TO PARIS. MAYBE I COULD JUST FIT INSIDE YOUR SUITCASE, I AM SHORT.
I PRAY YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.
BE SAFE AND WE HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU ON YOUR TRAVELS
HUGS
debbie
Have a wonderful, fun and safe trip. Will be excited to hear all about it when you post. Happy Pink Saturday, Char
Riet, those are so sweet.
Happy Pink Saturday.
Barb
Oh Riet,
I am surely going to miss you!! I love your new banner and I can see you smiling. I want you to have a wonderful time camping...of course I will miss you but will be waiting for your safe return...2 months is a long time. I will be having a 100 post giveaway in the next few weeks and will include you in the drawing.
Au Revior (my friend)
Kris
Happy traveling..I am not a traveler..so this does not sound fun to me ...my husband wishes I was...my cozy home is where I want to be....
Happy Pink Sat.
God Bless
Kandy
I love flower fairies, have this book also. I hope you enjoy your Pink Saturday!
Lekker Hollands! Helemaal leuk weer! Tot volgende week!
Happy Pink Saturday!
I like the n.... flower also. Would believe we had a frost last night and it took a few of my flowers?
Sweet books also.
Jennifer
The little fairies are so cute. Have a wonderful trip and take lots of photos to share when you get back!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts
Happy Pink Saturday! I absolutely love tulips! I love pink and white! pink hugs, Ellen p.s. The fairies are too cute!
Happy Pink Saturday! I love those fairies!
I love Cicely Barker's Fairy Books. I have one of her fairy journals, a recent books. I also used to read this fairy tale book when I was a kid that was illustrated by her. She is a wonderful and unique talented artist and writer. Thanks for the lovely post Riet. Enjoy your vacation.
Sonia
Thank you so much for you lovely welcome to Pink Saturday!
I love your flower fairies so sweet and feminine.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Melly:)
Thank you for sharing all your lovely things Riet, have a great wkend
marian elizabeth
that shabby pink girl
Those are beautiful images! Love the pink Saturday post!
Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)
They are very nice.
Alfazema
Riet,
The pastry smell we encountered outside the terminal in Liege was waffles - Les gaufres Liegeoises. My daughter also told me the city we were traveling to was called Theux.
Kris
I have the tulip fairy in a frame. I found her at an estate sale. Now I know what book she came from.
Have a wonderful pink weekend Riet!
camping in france and spain!? how awesome!!! i hope you will be packing your camera. :)
have a wonderful trip!
xo
I just love fairies, especially the flower ones. Have a safe trip.
Happy Pink Saturday,
Karen
Oh, what darling flower fairies!!
Have a fabulous trip!
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm
I love Cicely Barker's paintings. Happy pink day! I also love your blog header.
Hello, Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! Lovely books, thank you for sharing!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
Beautiful fairy book ~ love the tulip fairy!
Happy Pink Saturday a little late!
Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
Happy belated Pink Saturday..God bless you, Sarah
The fairy book is sooo lovely... FAB illustrations!
Morning, Dear Riet! I come back just to find you're leaviing! :( Oh, but I'm so happy you'll be out having a wonderful time and can't wait to see the pictures when you get back! Take care, Dear One and
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Dag Riet,
Wat leuk die afbeeldingen van the fairies. Er is in Veere een heel leuk winkeltje waar ze ze verkopen als plantenprikkers. Ik had ze bijna allemaal. Jaren verzameld evenals de boeken. Maar uiteindelijk werd het een drama. Al die lieve prikkers in leuk opgemaakte zijde bloemenstukjes, passend bij het jaargetijde. Alles in een buitenvitrinekast, die ik, dom, dom, dom niet had vastgezet. Een grote storm en de kast woei met veel geraas om. Heb er nog een paar gered van een wisse ondergang. Vorige week tijdens een bezoek aan Veere nog weer verliefd in de vitrinekast van het winkeltje gekeken... maar meer dan 10 euro per stuk...in tijden van recessie iets te veel van het goede! Fijn weekend! Liefs Marja
Post a Comment