
Yes, pink again. It is so funny, once you start looking for pink in your home you find lots of it. It must have come there during time .LOL. Never thought about really choosing pink. It must have been the nicest colour. The picture today is of the first quilt I made some time ago. It is a small wallhanging. I have some more in the making and believe me, they all have a lot of pink in them. I started quilting about two years ago and I just love it. I love fabric and colours to play with. I am still making wallhangings but they are getting bigger every time.
We plan to move late next year and I am busy looking for new things in our home and of course new colours . So exciting.
18 comments:
Riet - Lovely wallhanging you made. It's so much fun when choosing something for your new home isn't it. Chloe Patricia
Thank you for sharing, I enjoed looking at this blog also. how have you been? for some reason I can not access the other blogsite.the quilt is BEAUTIFUL!! happy stitching, Amy
What a beautiful quilt! Happy Pink Saturday!
Beautiful quilt!!!!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Blessings,
Virginia
So pretty. You do a wonderful job.
You put the colors together beautifuly....I bet it looks great hanging on your wall....I haven't quilted in such a long time...I found it so relaxing at the time...that is something I would like to get back to some day....wonderful beautiful work...
Hugs,
Mo :-0
This is so pretty, the colors are so subtle. Have a great Pink Saturday.
That is so beautiful. It must be so enjoyable choosing the colors and patterns.
Happy PINK Saturday and
Happy Thanksgiving!
Stephanie
Happy Pink Saturday! ENJOY your day! Fifi
Happy Pink Saturday - very nice post.
Take care,
Susan
Love your quilting!! Great pink post.
I love quilts as wall hangings. This one is lovely.
What a beautiful piece of work. It's nice that you still have the first one you made. This is one talent I lack in, and I do appreciate those that have it. Happy Pinkness
Kindredly,EllenL a new blogger
A most beautiful wall hanging.. Happy late Pink Saturday..have a lovely week.
It's BEAUTIFUL, Riet!!!
Your quilt is lovely. I have never tried quilting much less any sewing at all, maybe some day I'll give it a try.
Sondra
HOW BEAUTIFUL.I HAND IT TO YOU MY FRIEND.I MADE FOR MY OLDEST GRANDDAUGHTER YRS AGO WHEN SHE WAS A BABY.I WANTED TO MAKE A QUEEN SIZE BECAUSE I FIGURED BY THE TIME SHE WAS GROWN DOUBLE BEDS WOULD BE OBSOLETE.
WELL,I FOUND THE "RECIPE"FOR IT IN",HINTS BY HELOISE"REMEMBER THAT?WELL-I STARTED OUT WITH MY GRAND DAUGHTERS OLD DRESSES.EACH PIECE HAD A DOLL,OR A CAT,OR SOMETHING ON IT.EVERY OTHER PIECE WAS PLAIN,BUT FROM HER DRESSES OF COURSE.
THE TRIM WAS ALL THE LACE FROM HER DRESSES ALSO.I DID THIS ALL BY HAND.I WASN'T TOO GOOD OF A SEAMSTRESS BACK THEN.SO EACH STITCH I DOUBLED JUST TO MAKE SURE IT WOULD HOLD OUT.EACH STITCH SEWN WITH THE UTMOST LOVE I COULD MUSTER.
AS TIME WORE ON,BEING A WORKING NANNA AND STILL A MOM TOO.THE QUEEN SIZE QUILT ENDED UP TINY LIKE A BLANKIE.BUT IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.I WAS SO VERY PROUD OF IT.
AS TIME WORE ON I SAW IT IN THE BOTTOM OF THE CLOSET ONCE,KINDA TATTERED AND TORN.EVENTUALLY IT DISAPPEARED.
I CANNOT FUSS AT MY DAUGHTER,I ONCE DID THE SAME WITH A WEDDING PRESENT FROM MY HUBBYS GRANDMA AND GREAT AUNT.MADE ALSO BY HAND.THIS ONE WAS A DOUBLE SIZE.SEWN WITH LOVE IN EVERY STITCH.I USED IT FOR PICNICS AND SUCH.GRRRRR.....
I DON'T THINK WE APPRECIATE THESE CLEARLY UNTIL WE HAVE MADE ONE OURSELVES NO MATTTER HOW SMALL.UNTIL WE KNOW THE WORK THAT TRULY GOES INTO THEM.....ANN
Happy Pink Saturday, Riet.
This is just absolutely gorgeous. I really admire your talent, and your choice of patterns and colors.
Post a Comment