Saturday, January 17, 2009

pink Saturday


I just love this pink Saturday. Thanks to Beverly athttp://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ it is so much fun reading all the blogs in the weekend. Everybody is doing so much to make this a succes and every week there are coming more participants. Today I have a picture of my other granddaughter learning to sew on my little sewingmachine. She was doing very well and made a nice pincushion. It is always nice when a girl knows a little bit about sewing.
See you next week.

28 comments:

Judith said...

What a wonderful photo Riet and how delightful that your grandaughter wants to spend time with you learning to sew. My first sewing machine was an old Singer which had to be operated by hand...Happy Pink Saturday, Judith

Gone said...

How special...old enough to begin learning to sew!!

Happy PINKness day!

Jan

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

How cute. Yeah they should all try sewing at least once in life.

Anonymous said...

Your grand-daughters are beautiful.I'll bet they take after you.What a nice thing to teach her.Sewing sadly has just about become a lost art.I taught myself just a couple of years ago.It really comes in handy.And the pride from making something yourself is undescribeable,isn't it?...Ann

♥Mimi♥ said...

You wondered where your pink ornaments went...betcha they're on my dining room table, hehehe! LOVE your blog!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday! What a beautiful girl!

Have a good weekend!

Mary said...

What a wonderful way to bond with your granddaughter, teaching her how to sew. She is a such a cute blondie! Have a wondeful Pink Saturday!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

How cute. I can't wait till my little granddaughter wants to learn to sew. Happy Pink Saturday.

Jenny said...

How fun! I remember my grandmothers sewing maching set up in her extra room and pretending sewing on it. She passed before I could learn anymore than pretend sewing!! Your granddaughter is very lucky!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Happy Pink Saturday!
We just gave my daughter a sewing machine for her 30th
b-day...you're never too old to learn something new!

Unknown said...

Oh I remember buying one like that for my daughter. She loved it and still sews to this day.
Precious photo and happy pink Saturday

Melissa Miller said...

What a beautiful girl!
Lovely Pink post.
Thank you for visiting my new blog.
~Melissa :)

C'est moi Claudette said...

Happy New Year Riet
I wish I would have learned to sew. My very lovely Aunt was an expert, but of course being young and active I never took the time. I could kick myself today.
Happy PS
Love Claudie
xox
claudie.frid.com I do use my blogger account!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a cutie, Riet! Yes, I wish my daughter could sew and then I wouldn't be mending her stuff all the time! lol Have a great wekend...Debbie

cottage farm villa said...

It is so wonderful to see a young person at the sewing machine. It always surprises me when I hear of so many who don't own a sewing machine and don't know how to use it. Do they not make aprons in school anymore? So happy to have grown up when they did. Your granddaughters are very lucky! ~Cheryl

Happy Pink Saturday!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

It is sooo nice to meet you. Happy Pink Saturday! What a beautiful granddaughter you have. I remember teaching my daughter to sew and have a picture of her almost like this. Thanks for bringing the memory back.. hugs ~lynne~

Prim Rose Hill ©2008-2020 said...

Thank you Riet for your visit and kind words on my blog. Your granddaughter is so sweet! Thanks for making my first pink Saturday a delight! Hugs, Sheri

SueStampin Daly said...

Happy Pink Saturday

Femin Susan said...

Hi.....
Congratulations...!we don't celebrate pink Saturday but hope u had a good day!!!

Belinda said...

Awww, your granddaughter is truly pretty in pink! How cute! And I think its so wonderful that you are teaching her to sew...I wish it was a skill I had myself! :-)

Lynda said...

She is such a doll! What a wonderful grandmother you are to teach her how to sew! You're making such great memories for her.

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. I wish I had you to teach me about sewing. I am pathetic.

Happy Pink Saturday, Riet.

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I agree about the sewing...it always comes in handy...she looks like she is enjoying her time with grandma...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

The Muse said...

Thanks for Pink Saturday fun, glad to hear from you~thank you too for your wonderful encouragement!

I am not covered up with pink here LOL so that SAT was a stretch for me!! :) LOL

I am running behind on my comments as I have been traveling for work :)

Blessing to you for such a lovely offering, we do love our grandchildren dont we?

Anonymous said...

Riet, what a lovely granddaughter you have! And learning how to sew, what a wonderful skill to possess.

Rhondi said...

Hi Riet
Thanks for stopping by. There were so many in poink Saturday that after spending hours visiting and commenting, I finally just quit. That is a sweet photo of a young sewer. I was about that age when I learned to sew.
Rhondi xo

Rhondi said...

I took a week long workshop with Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston last year. It was so much fun. Freddy is definitely a kindred spirit!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi! I've left two awards for you on my blog if you would like to have them! No pressure to pass them along.... Have a great day...Debbie